RAGT SEMENCES OIL-RICH SUNFLOWERS
45 years of Research dedicated to finding better oil-rich + grain yield combinations
Oil content is genetically determined. This is improved by breeding based on assimilative capacity at end of life cycle calling for good plant health and a good stay-green trait in grain filling periods. From the outset of its sunflower research programme launch, RAGT Semences was committed to advancing oil content with a target content averaging > 50% for its varieties.
Backed by this historically oil-rich genetic basis, RAGT Semences can currently propose hybrids that are both productive and with a very high oil content. The varieties bearing the “Oil bonus – Sunflower Efficient” symbol have an oil content 3 per cent higher than the market-driven standard
THE VARIETIES OF RAGT SEMENCES SUNFLOWERS BEARING THE OIL BONUS SYMBOL HAVE A VERY RICH OIL CONTENT
THE RIGHT CROP MANAGEMENT TO PROTECT THE GENETIC CAPITAL
Growing conditions impact the ultimate oil content. Good establishment and protected foliar activity during grain filling have a positive impact on oil yield and content. Low planting density and uneven emergence penalise oil yield and content.
- Protecting foliar activity after bloom
- Controlling plant density and protecting emergence
- Disease control via suitable plant choice
- Rationalising nitrogen fertilisation
- Providing boron and fungicide protection (Phomopsis, Phoma) in situations of risk
- Harvesting at the right time (9% moisture)